Friday, February 9, 2007

Cheese-burger

I am looking for one on those restaurant cheese-burgers. The kind that make your mouth water when thinking of the love that goes into it. The cook who is sweating behind the grill and the smile on the waitress who is sopoes to be nice, looking forward to the tip I will be leaving.
Like when I feed Snowflake. I put food in her dish. She knows the routine. She knows when I go into the can where I keep the dry food. She knows the loving childish words I say as I get the food ready for her, whether its dry out of a bag or opening a can. Either way she does her dance and tricks, her mouth drooles from the thought of the meal that's coming her way.
So I am doing the same thinking of the delish cheese-burger I am ordering. When the waitress ask "what kind of cheese-burger?" Now I am confused. All my life, really all my life no one had to explain to me what a cheese-burger was. Now a waitress at a truck stop is asking me to explain!
I think,I believe the dictionary describes cheese-burger,hamburger containing a slice of cheese.
Do I say this to her? She works here, am I the first person to ask for a cheese-burger?
Needless to say my mouth stop watering I had no doggy bag to take to Snowflake, I did not leave a tip.Nor can I say I will be back to that restaurant.

No comments: